Sunday 6 November 2011

RITUAL-" The Resurrection"

Ritual - The Resurrection

I love review stuff, it's a great job people send me stuff for fuck all and I review it, love it!! Well onwards with this one, I was sent a couple of mp3s from Funeral Rain records asking would I be interested in giving them a review, and indeed i did!!
This one is from one man Black Metal band Ritual from L.A. not a band I was familiar with but with me liking one man BM bands this was right up my street! The album kicks of with a good instrumental "A Funeral for my Heart" that sets the scene very nicely indeed, it gives us a nice atmospheric start. Ian the man behind Ritual can play guitar by the way,churns out great riffs throughout this release but also does the fancier stuff really well too. His vocals are good too, real raspy vocals like BM should be! but you can still make out the lyrics to his songs easily enough. Track 2 "The Resurrection" is a cracker of a track. great riff throughout and some neat fancy stuff too!
The album rattles on at a good pace and all the tracks on it are of a really good quality. It's  good solid BM with a hint of folk metal in there too, the track "A Perfect Moonlit Night" being a prime example of this, cracking track! The last track "March of the Damned" is a great instrumental track with almost military drumming on it and some real atmospheric synth work and then some great riffing comes in to it, class!!
All in all I liked this album a lot, really good release well worth getting your mitts on!!

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment