Sunday 20 November 2011

CHEMICAL THREAT- "System Error



I got sent this through the post the other day,which I am very grateful by the way!!  Chemical Threat are a four piece band from Southampton,  I have another couple of releases from this band,both of which I enjoyed very much indeed, so I was looking forward to blasting this one out as well!
What do you get? well 6 tracks that clock in at just over 10 minutes so its an all out assault straight from the first seconds. Chemical Threat are a mix of 82 style punk and hardcore and it works very well, the first track is an anti right wing scum journalism "Hate Mail" and kicks the e.p. of very nicely indeed,good lyrics on a good subject! It rattles on a  great pace and the third track "No Choice" shows their U.S. hardcore influences, reminds me a lot of the great old hardcore that I loved. Showing their U.K. punk influences is in my opinion best summed up in track 5 "Celebrity Scum" which takes a good swipe at the cult of celebrity or "nonentity" as I prefer to think of these arseholes!
Anyway 6 short blasts of anger that is over way too quickly,makes me want more! Well worth checking out, contact them on myspace or facebook for details on how to get their material, as you get good punk played well.
7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment