Sunday 4 September 2011

The Phoenix, Inverness 27/08/11



Well I set of on the bus looking forward to this one, 5 bands for a fiver and some top notch bands at that!!!  I like Flames at The Phoenix as a venue its got a right homely feel about it and just seems to work for me,not the best laid out place but it's just a good wee placed to go and see bands and meet some mates.

£3.10 for a pint of cider was a good start so with one in hand it was of to see first band up Elgin punk rock heroes Bin Ladens Daughter! Chronic p.a. problems blighted what was a great set by the lads,this was the third time I had seen the band and the first with new front man Bri, he is a bundle of energy and no mistake, bouncing of the walls and the drum kit!! Great new addition to an already great band, you know what you get from BLD a great no nonsense punk rock set and tonight was no exception. Although plagued by sound problems they were still an entertaining watch and I look forward to seeing them at the Market bat on the 9th of September!! Any band that does a song about Terry Wogans cock has to be worth a watch!!

Next band were Inverness Death Metallers Seed of Sorrow, who I had seen a couple of weeks earlier at the Ironworks and they had impressed me then,tonight was no different and I again enjoyed this young metal bunch. In Lewis they have a great frontman ably backed by a tight as fuck band.  They are one to watch up here and I hope they get far in the world of metal,they are of to Glasgow soon so hopefully will get more admirers.

Sufferinfuck were next on, a band I knew very little about until recently, i have seen the youtube vids posted from the  Crammond picnic and the ones from the Chernobyl benefit,this could not have prepared me for seeing them live!! What a fucking awesome band pure Crust and pure power, really class stuff and a band I would love to see again soon. If they are in your area I cant recommend them enough, really super stuff.

Local heroes The Signal were on next,back from losing a couple of members and relaunching recently with a new line-up. Lewis from Seed of Sorrow takes over on bass duties and Sheree taking over guitar. I love The Signal, seem them a load of times and they are always a great watch, tonight with the new line-up was no different and once again they were tremendous. Hopefully this line-up will last for a bit and then there will be more great nights to come!!!

Last but not least were the mighty Filthpact, reformed this year, a band I had never seen before and I was looking forward to it immensely, and fuck me they didn't let me down!! A pure blast of Crust, heavy as fuck and really good to watch. The whole band are as tight as fuck and it was great to see. They put on a top show and a band I would love to see again,the power was awesome!!

So what can you say about the whole show, easy, it was a fucking superb night out all the bands were fucking amazing and it was great fun meeting old friends and new. I had a total ball and enjoyed the whole experience. Roll on the next gig!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment